The MyPick® Verified Local Farmer® logo identifies bona fide local farmers selling only what they grow, raise or otherwise produce on their farms.
Shoppers often think they are buying directly from local farmers when in fact they are buying from resellers. They have no way of knowing which vendors are actual farmers.
Thanks to the MyPick verification program from Farmers’ Markets Ontario®, now they do!
When a shopper sees a market vendor displaying a MyPick certificate, they can be sure they’re getting just–picked freshness from the grower’s own farm, and are helping support local agriculture.
The Benefits of Becoming a MyPick Verified Local Farmer
- Increased shopper confidence knowing they are buying directly from an Ontario farmer and not a reseller.
- Differentiates your business to help you stand out.
- Detailed profile on the Farmers’ Markets Ontario website.
- MarketMatters news and information digital newsletter subscription.
- Valuable learning tools to help you improve sales at the farmers’ market.
- 8.5” x 11” downloadable certificates to display in your stall.
- Free access to the FMO Market Vendor Member Program ($25 value) which offers a wide of resources, services and products exclusively for Market vendors.
- Free access to FMO’s e-learning Vendor Certification Program ($40 value).
MyPick Fees for 2022
New Applicant: $125 + HST = $141.25
Annual Renewal: $75 + HST = $84.75
For new applicants only. Farm verification will be performed by an independent farm inspector hired by FMO and there will be zero tolerance for the reselling of products not grown by the vendor. The application form includes farm identity through the FBR system, number of acres per crop, land base verified by municipal tax assessments and/or rental agreements, and expenses related to farm supply purchases. This will establish that the farm is a bona fide operation and items sold are consistent with the number of acres proposed. Where a farm has certification with an organization such as OCPP or OCIA, that certification will be recognized by FMO.